Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Old Short Story!

Quick update while I evade the Sandman for yet another night. I have a Game Design Assignment that is actually quite challenging for this week and I'm doing my best to multitask and manage my time, but work enjoys getting in the way. Also, I've begun to feel like a narcaleptic as I sit down to do the research on World War 1 for the board game assignment and fall instantly asleep. I'm sure somewhere, a veteran rolled over in his grave.

The assignment has been posted here, and I'm working on the highest difficulty. My initial thought instantly turned to a board game based around technology, industry and espionage but after doing research it has actually not helped as much as I'd initally hoped. I feel more stumped than before (Thanks Wikipedia!), but I do have tomorrow off to focus solely on that idea and writing!

Also, it seems I'll be working on a board game with my room mates which is actually exciting! (I kept telling them we should start small, or with something you can SEE the progress we're making. Millions of lines of code are lost on us artistic types!) But it seems I may have inspired them with the inital assignment board game they tested! It looks like we'll be doing a Fantasy Based Player VS Multiple Players type board game! I'm totally excited for the challenge as the scope is a bit bigger than my Snakes & Ladders wannabe as well as I'll get some team experience. I think even if they don't follow through to completion, I very well might!

Alright, so for any who haven't seen this already it's a short story I wrote not that long ago but it's just an idea for a character I've had for awhile. Feel free to leave any comments or if you'd like to give me any editing advice just feel free to leave your email address in the comments section and I'll get back to you.

For now enjoy this 25 page Action-Comedy about an excellent assassin who can't seem to move up past number 11 of the top 10 in the world. He has many moments of very poor luck and when you seem to be constantly strapped for cash, gear isn't always performing up to task! Also stay tuned... depending on how feedback goes on the story, I may actually post some Podcast clips from when I was considering turning this character into a weekly podcast show!

Thanks for reading along!
Tim

No comments: