Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Un-productive.

I could easily blame my slacking this week on everything... but at the end of the day this was a great week and has been a great month. I've started some new trends and forgotten some I started and NEED to get back.

Started:
  • Playing Badminton Every Week (It's my second favorite sport after volleyball).
  • Jogging (Maybe my lungs won't feel like they're on fire next time? Although I have improved from 1/2 km to 1 km in 2 runs!)
  • Writing... (Just not consistantly).
  • Playing new board games and breaking them down.

Forgotten:

  • Writing... (I used to set a goal of 5 pages per night. I need to get back to that).
  • Helping out around the house (I'm sure my roommates will agree I used to help more, but don't as much these days).
  • Saying No (I cannot say no to board games, which is wierd because I haven't touched a game console in over 2 months now! Just won Fury of Dracula as Dracula, I need to pick up Arkham Horror next, so excited!)
  • Keeping up with my game course (I fell behind one day, and now suddenly it's two days... need to catch up tomorrow!)

All in all I have noticed I haven't been setting down a plan. I used to blame this on an irregular schedule, which does have a lot to do with it... but how can one have time if he doesn't make it?

I know I leave a maximum of 45 minutes early for work. If traffic is good I get there early. I generally work 8.5 hours and then leave approximately 15 minutes after the official end of my shift. The drive home is normally 30 minutes due to a lack of traffic. So I devote 10 hours a day to working for someone else.

I never sleep for 8 hours, but I think I should start. So I schedule 8 hours of sleep and 10 hours for work I am left with 6 hours a day for everything else. Showering etc gets a devoted hour. Eating will also take 30 minutes (Prepare, Cook & Eat). So I am left with 4.5 hours a day that I should be being productive. Also I should write off the 1/2 hour I spend waking up and breakfast or brunch.

Time management has taught me to break things down into smaller time blocks and stick firmly to them. The irony in this is I just wasted 5 minutes typing this up instead of sleeping, which I will get 5 hours of sleep for work tomorrow. Oh irony, how I adore thee!

Anyway on that note the heat is getting to me and my eye lids suddenly weigh millions of pounds, thanks for listening!

Tim

No comments: