Saturday, July 4, 2009

Really? October?

WHOA, It's been a bit of awhile. I apparently need to work on my blogging skills. Or at least schedule myself some time to blog! Seriously... October feels like last week considering I thought about writing to this blog not too long ago, but it seems the time has passed.

Well... now that the shock is out of my system, I'm sure everyone is wondering what I've been up to, and how exciting it must have been. The sad part is, working and sleeping are the majority of my time and the rest is divided up between playing board games, writing and designing my own board games. Christmas came and went... Oh yeah, and then I moved. Then... here we are?

Alright, in more detail Christmas was intense and I pulled ahead as a supervisor. My title went from being Audio Supervisor (One Floor) to Store Supervisor (Both Floors) and then to Operations/Customer Service Supervisor (Both Floors, Schedules for the Visual Floor + Sales and Conversion Goals for the store). No pay raises though, but no pay cuts either! I recently had a job interview within HMV to see if I was ready for the next level. I want it for the challenge, the control over my schedule and for the old resume... but at the same time I really want to just work at Bioware... latest developments coming soon...

I also applied to attend school at the University of Alberta, which they gladly took my $100 and let me know I was unable to attend because of previous marks (Which is a whole other story to do with Dal-lousy back in Halifax). So I have no school plans for the fall unless Grant MacEwan comes through. Although my best friend seemed like he was trying to talk me out of Computer Engineering... but I want a job that is NOT retail. Retail feels like permanent high school, and that my friends is B.S.

So no school... but google found me a twitter for Bioware, which linked to a blog, which lead to an article, where I found...

The Holy Grail!

...Alright, all B.S. aside, I found an article that really just made sense about how to become a writer at Bioware. So henceforth I claim my laptop in the name of furthering my writing abilities as well as game design abilities. So as of next week I will begin writing one 25 page short story per week, until I get hired on. I will also be continuing my participation in Ian Schreiber's Game Design Course (Link at the top right). So far it has been an awesome journey as I created a 15 minute game: Space Disruption. It's been fun, I recommend any and all who follow my blog should read that blog and feel free to look over my game design and testing. Feel free to leave comments but I have to go write! Later!

Tim (Apparent Blogger @ Large)

No comments: